I think everyone has experienced the dreaded split ends; if not, then you are lucky! You’re always at risk and it doesn’t choose a certain age group nor gender but what triggers it?
Let’s drill it down into 3
Now we know the cause, how do we treat it?
There may be shampoos claiming to heal split ends by sealing the ends back together, but the only way to solve that dilemma is by cutting or trimming the hair.
After the affected area has been trimmed, how do we go about preventing it?
They say “Prevention is better than Cure” and this saying can be applied to this one. Here are some tips that can be done to prevent having split ends:
- If you can’t avoid coloring your hair, look for the gentlest coloring agent. You can always consult with your trusted salon stylist.
- Use a wide-tooth comb through your hair until tangles are out to prevent hair snaps or breakage from combing.
- Be gentle with your hair, don’t treat it like its laundry. This involves from combing, washing and drying your hair.
- Mind your hair tools. Always look for quality ones because your hair is your crowning glory!
- Get regular haircuts. Men don’t have problems with this since they visit the salon often, but then women should also be in this habit.
Do you often experience split ends?
I know I’m guilty of not having regular haircuts. Nowadays, beauty tools now have a cool setting so I wouldn’t mind a blow dry every once in a while. And if you have any tips apart from the ones above, do share!